11.20.2010

Entertainment Value.

I have seen the new Harry Potter movie twice in two days.

It's phenomenal.

The first night, I saw it with my two best friends, Justin and Steven, and Steven's roommate, Chad, whom I also love.

We had a great time, especially after watching the amusing adolescents dressed up like specific characters as they volunteered themselves to reenact scenes from any of the books and/or movies.

Last night, I went with my friend Casey.

We had an awesome time, too. I bought a Gryffindor scarf for the occasion, and we enjoyed some yummy Baja Burrito before the movie.

I share all these extraneous details for one reason.

Entertainment value.

The value of entertainment, for me, is unable to be accounted. 

I can not explain the powerful catharsis I experience as a result of participating in entertainment such as a good Harry Potter flick. My emotions have been on a roller coaster for weeks, and I can't seem to get a handle on how to deal with it all... but the few hours I spend enjoying a good movie with some friends are invaluable to me.

Over the past several days, I have been struck speechless by the number of people in my life who desperately care for me. I am surrounded by an unbelievable amount of love and sincerity. This knowledge, coupled with the inexplicable peace God has granted me, is enough to keep me going for as long as necessary.

Stan Lee penned the words, "With great power comes great responsibility."

I choose to shoulder that responsibility. I am willing to do what it takes...

As long as I have friends willing to accompany their crazy chick to the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment